Forschungs- und Lehrpersonal
I am currently on maternity leave. For any inquiries or assistance, please contact Mrs Jana Reiter.
Business English, Media English
Sprachnachweise/ Language certificates
Bitte wenden Sie sich in dieser Angelegenheit an Frau Jana Reiter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Die Ausstellung von Sprachnachweisen (BBW - WENG) erfolgt nach vorheriger Terminvereinbarung (per E-Mail). Bitte machen Sie hierzu folgende Angaben:
- Dozentin bei der Sie den Kurs besucht haben
- Semester in dem Sie die Klausur geschrieben haben
This class is designed to improve your communication skills in Business English. Level: B2/C1
The course aims at expanding your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary, and developing your proficiency in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Through role plays, case studies, individual and group work you will acquire skills to deal with typical scenarios encountered in the business world.
- Student’s book:
Title: Business Proficiency: Wirtschaftsenglisch für Hochschule und Beruf
Modul KOMO: English Communication - Business English (BENG)
In this course students will acquire advanced communication skills (level B2/ C1) in the following areas:
- writing emails and business letters
- conducting meetings
- giving oral presentations
- intercultural communication
Modul REMA: Medienenglisch (MENG)
This class is designed to improve your communication skills in Business and Media English. Level: B2/C1
The course aims at expanding your general knowledge of the English language and developing your proficiency in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing. This will be done by using case studies, doing group work and giving presentations.
BIM Module 5: Business English I - Business English
In this course students repeat and perfect the use of the English language, expand their vocabulary in the area of business and communications and train their skills in the four areas of listening, reading, written and oral communication. They do this by using case studies, discussions, group work and presentations. Particular emphasis will be placed on intercultural aspects of communication.
BIM Module 10: Business English II - Business Writing Skills
This business writing course focuses on developing your professional writing skills.
This course is designed to prepare students to communicate effectively in various English-speaking communities across the globe. This includes, but is not limited to, raising awareness of the diversity of the sociocultural spectrum, discussing the elements that make up culture, understanding how intercultural communication may be complicated or facilitated, cultural profiling and practicing using elements of intercultural communication in professional settings.
- studied Foreign Languages (English, Spanish, Polish) and Business Administration at the Justus-Liebig-University in Giessen, Germany and Sheffield Hallam University, England
- worked in Strategic Marketing and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) for a multinational company in Frankfurt, Germany
- provided Business English language training for employees of national and international companies in various sectors
- taught Business English, General English and English for Law Enforcement at the Justus-Liebig-University, the Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen and the Hochschule für Polizei und Verwaltung in Giessen
- worked as a research assistant at the Justus-Liebig-University in Giessen
- worked as an interpreter and sales consultant at international trade fairs
- went to high school in Kansas, USA