Abroad@home - Programme Description
The program consists of 6 modules which are all credited with 5 ECTS. Every module is completely in english and a variety of online tools will be used to enable students to learn, collaborate and experience in the context of an international exchange. Therefore the core learning outcomes of all the Modules are:
- Overcoming intercultural barriers and fostering potentials
Throughout the programme, students will be constantly challenged to become aware of their own inherent culture. They learn to distinguish themselves from the cultures of other individuals and countries. This reflective ability will be cultivated to solve related problems.
- Online teamwork skills
Students work in mixed teams to complete the task assigned. Task completion requires autonomous coordination, teamwork management and self-assessment.
To get an in-depth look into the involved courses please use the following module descriptons:
Online Communication Skills in English
This module serves as a prep module since you will need the skills gained here
throughout the virtual mobility. Task-based project work during semester in student teams.
Module provided by: Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland & Debrecen
Timeframe: mid-September- end of October
- Online negotiation skills
- Professional writing online
Desing, Develop and communicate your idea!
You will work in an international team and as a result introduce a new product online.
Module provided by: Wurzburg-Schweinfurt University of Applied Sciences, Germany &
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Timeframe: mid-October – end of November
- developing your idea into a product and presenting it
- teamwork skills
- feedback skills
You will face the fundamentals of Marketing and experience basic models of cross-border
marketing by solving tasks in a simulated scenario.
Module provided by: University of Applied Sciences Wurzburg-Schweinfurt
Timeframe: mid - October - the end of January
- advertising fundamentals and marketing strategies
- preparation of international marketing plans
- collaborative working on marketing challenges in an international context
Module provided by: Fontys University of Applied Sciences, the Netherlands
You will face the basics of management with all instruments that are needed to analyse and
solve integrated marketing and supply chain plans.
Timeframe: October 1st- end of January.
- Establishing well-founded marketing plans (promotion and pricing).
- Defining operations management plans (sourcing and channels).
- Evaluating financial performance of the organisation (report to shareholders).
You will work in a team to develop a marketing research project.
Module provided by: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Romania & Fontys UAS, the Netherlands
Timeframe: October 1st- end of January
- Definition, classification and framework of marketing research
- Marketing research based on secondary data. Market and competitive analysis. Industry analysis.
- Marketing research based on primary data
- Measurement and scaling
- Questionnaire Design and Construction
- Data Interpretation.
- Using marketing research data to guide business strategies.
You will gain knowledge on the methods and tools of strategic analysis and the importance of
formulation and implementation the development strategy in a company.
Module provided by: University of Zielona Góra, Poland
Timeframe: October 1st - the end of January
- the analysis of a closer environment: the Benchmarking method, Balance Scorecard
- the analysis of a further environment the PEST method
- analysis of the company's potentials (product life cycle, SWOT analysis, strategic balance)
- development strategy for a new product
- launching a new product marketing strategy
- preparation of strategic document,
- international project management (schedule, budget, scope, change management),
- costs and profits analysis for the project.