Module no./code, Module name
Module 15 / GEL, General Electives
Type of module
Courses of the module
|Name||Course type||Credit hours||Links|
|Allgemeinwissenschaftliche Wahlpflichtfächer||Seminaristischer Unterricht||4 Credit hours||n/a|
Teaching and learning formats
They will be laid down and published by the Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences and Humanities.
The module serves to develop interdisciplinary competences (“studium generale”); it is not closely related to any other module of the degree programme. It can be applied to all bachelor's programmes without blocking note.
Equivalent to TWIN Program BBW Module 20 Allgemeinwissenschaftliche Wahlpflichtfächer
Particular conditions for admission (to exam)
Every AWPF is completed by an examination; it’s type will be laid down and published by the Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences and Humanities; Multiple Choice: possible; Auxiliary material: no.
Condition for award of ECTS credits
- sonstige Prüfung (Präsentation)
- sonstige Prüfung (Hausarbeit)
- sonstige Prüfung (Portfolio)
Weighting factor of module grade
Conditions for participation (in module)
Usually none; exceptions are defined and published by the Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences and Humanities.
FANG offers AWPFs from the areas of
- Cultural Sciences
- Natural Sciences and Technology
- Politics, Law, Economics
- Pedagogy, Psychology, Social Sciences
- Soft Skills
- Creativity and Art
Contents that are already included or closely related to other module contents of the degree programme are excluded from the FANG catalogue. In the FANG catalogue, the respective classes are marked by a blocking note.
The content of each AWPF is published on FANG’s website.
Subject-specific learning outcomes depend in each case on the chosen AWPF. Students
- will additionally acquire knowledge and skills outside their discipline that, however, may be important for their intended careers, as for example specialist knowledge of foreign languages, or knowledge in the fields of natural sciences and social sciences.
- will analyse a variety of problems.
- connect their subject-specific knowledge to that of other disciplines and thus get an interdisciplinary perspective.
- transfer acquired knowledge to current training situation
- will have broadened their key competences and, if applicable, foreign language skills which both contribute to their character formation also in terms of interculturality.
- are aware of their personal, social, and ethical responsibility.
Literature and other material
FHWS - Papers, Cases, Slides