Module no./code, Module name
Module 23-26b, Entrepreneurship
Type of module
Language(s) of instruction
Language(s) of examination
Courses of the module
|Name||Course type||Credit hours||Links|
|Entrepreneurship 1, Entrepreneurship 2, Entrepreneurship 3, and Entrepreneurship 4||Seminaristischer Unterricht||8 Credit hours||n/a|
Prof. Dr. Rainer Wehner
- Prof. Dr. Stephanie Baumgarten
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Hube
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Wehner
Teaching and learning formats
Tuition in seminars
Case studies, team assignments
Classroom and digital/online teaching
Particular conditions for admission (to exam)
other exam (soP): Report (A), Presentation (B), Portfolio (F)
Decision and Announcement at the beginning of the semester
Condition for award of ECTS credits
- sonstige Prüfung (Präsentation)
- sonstige Prüfung (Hausarbeit)
- sonstige Prüfung (Portfolio)
Weighting factor of module grade
The Entrepreneurship program is aimed equally at future founders as well as ambitious junior employees who are interested in strategic topics. The world has entered an "entrepreneurial era" in which entrepreneurship is seen as a key for technological innovation and thus international competitiveness. This theory-led and practice-oriented module provides you with a toolbox of key concepts and theories to support careers as entrepreneurs or in entrepreneurship-related fields, such as venture capital or strategic management.
- deal with the concepts of targeted start-up management and corporate management
- recognize entrepreneurial opportunities and develop implementation strategies
- develop an entrepreneurial mindset and a concept for starting their own company
Level: Knowledge an Comprehension
- comprehend success factors of start-up ventures
- understanding marketing and financing strategies for start-ups
- deal with funding opportunities and formal regulations
Level: Problem Solving
- choose between different routes of entrepreneurial actions
- create and evaluate business plans
- deal with obstacles during the founding process of their own company
Literature and other material
Barney J. B., Hesterly W. S.: Strategic management and competitive advantage: Concepts and cases, current ed.
Berk J., deMarzo, P.: Corporate Finance, current ed.
Gibson, J. et al.: Organizations, current ed.
Hisrich, R. D. et al.: Entrepreneurship, current ed.
Hisrich, R. D.: International Entrepreneurship, current ed.
Schilling M. A.: Strategic management of technological innovation, current ed.